Art Gallery and Blog

Wednesday, September 9, 2020

How the Blueberry Got its Crown


Ask any of my children what their momma’s dream is and they’ll tell you: their momma has dreamed for most of her life of having a book published. I can still remember one day at work, kneeling in the children’s aisle of the WHSmith bookstore, opening up a box of the latest Robert Munsch book, and suddenly finding myself in a puddle as I read for the first time his instant classic,  I’ll Love You Forever .  I have been hooked by the thought that I could someday make someone feel like that. There have even been rare moments in the 35 years that followed during which I would catch a glimmer of that dream again and start to believe that it could maybe somehow be possible. 

Last year an angel unawares sent me an email out of the blue asking if I would like to discuss possibly illustrating a story she had on her desk... we met, I read and fell in love with the brilliant little story, and a year and a half later it’s here in my hands, and  the dream has forty pages and a shiny cover and an ISBN! 

I now fully believe. 

This story! Without giving anything away, I can tell you that to me it encourages a child to imagine what magical things are possible when a kind, willing heart leaves behind its own concerns and worries and notices, listens to, and helps another heart in need 💕

I met Suzanne Sheehan, the author of this wonderful Nova Scotia fairytale just a few weeks ago, and I fell in love with her too... she’s the real deal and I hope this is just the first of many tales she gives back to Nova Scotians and to the world. 

Please email me at beelersonya@live.com if you’d like to have a copy for yourself or your littles! If you live really close by and would like contactless safe delivery to your door, the price is $15.  If you live further away in Canada, the price is $20.00, shipping included. If you live in the United States, the price is $20.00 US$, shipping included. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment