Art Gallery and Blog

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

an invitation

Here's what I wrote to Team Ecuador:


Hi, my BEAUTIFUL friends...

I was at church Saturday afternoon and from all the way across the room I saw Philip. It was all I could do not to just drop what I was doing and run to him for a hug. I miss Team Ecuador soooo much. 

I know you'll find it hard to believe, knowing what a cold hard rock of a woman I am, but on the second day back home...I cried. 

Me. 

I actually shed tears. 

Andrew had asked how I was feeling. He had meant my tummy troubles. 

I thought he was asking how I was FEELING. And I teared right up, then and there and wailed, "I miss Elsa and Sheila and Pam and Julia and Carito and...*sniff* EVERYONE! (i actually went through the names of EVERYONE, but you get the idea) and I miss the guaraba juice and the warm rolls in the morning and I miss the HEAT, and I miss the VAN...."

It was not pretty, my dear friends. 

And when I got the email from Carito, I couldn't even respond, I was so choked up.

You people changed my life, and I'm a better mom and wife and friend and daughter because of the time I spent with you. 

Well, at least I got to bring one of you home with me. The big guy in the yellow shirt.



If you get the chance to come meet Team Ecuador 2012 on Saturday, June 2 at 6:30 pm or Sunday, June 3 at 10:30 am, jump at it. The service at Stoneridge Fellowship is always fun, thought-provoking, life-changing and full of great people, and I know you'll be blessed by what you hear and see and by what God does among us when we gather together in his name. to find us, visit srfconnect.com


For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them~Matthew 18:20

1 comment:

  1. Well, Pastor Don obviously brought his WHOLE game, and was able to not only dunk Andrew under the water, but safely, and seemingly effortlessly, brought him back up out of the water. Sorry, Andrew, you practiced holding your breath for a minute and a half in vain, I'm afraid.

    ReplyDelete