Art Gallery and Blog

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Spanish Stoneridge

We all worshipped together at Israel Baptist Church early...EARLY Sunday morning. I loved watching Carito out of the corner of my eye, praising God in her own language with the people of her own congregation, and Adam had to pat me on the shoulder a few times as the tears ran freely down my grateful, overjoyed face. The music was triumphant and joyful, the message was powerful and personal, and then I had the privilege of greeting almost every person as they streamed forward at the end, grasping my hand, kissing my cheek, hugging and patting...I learned much of the Spanish I´ve used since from that one encounter with that amazing congregation.

Before we sat down, I had asked the Lord for an open, understanding heart and ears that could hear. He blessed me greatly and I was able to understand much of what we were singing and I was able to find all of the passages of scripture so I could easily piece together what the pastor was teaching. God is AMAZING!!!

After a wonderful breakfast with the lead pastor, we all split into 3 groups to attend different community services. Some of these communities offer up to 5 services a day, there are so many people who come now.

And this time, somehow, God allowed me to understand almost everything. The words to the songs were up on the screen and it was soon very easy to sing right along. Pastor David Campos was engaging and deep and funny and clear, like a shorter, Spanish Pastor Les Somers. I know comparing isn´t good because it can keep you from being open to what you´re seeing NOW, but I couldn´t help comparing this service to our own as it was soooo much like ours in structure, in feel, in sound, in smiles!

It was like Spanish Stoneridge :)

"How lovely is your dwelling place, O Lord Almighty!" -Psalm 84:1


No comments:

Post a Comment